GET EXCLUSIVE SALES & COUPONS! SIGN UP TODAY!
Yosemite Valley, 1868: Framed Canvas Replica Painting
By artist Albert Bierstadt (1830-1902), at the Vancouver Art Gallery
$150.00 – $450.00
The sun shines so golden on the far horizon of this masterful painting of the Yosemite Valley that all seems to bow to its splendor! German-born Bierstadt created light-filled works that were as historically accurate as they were beautiful. He was known to make as many as 50 sketches in preparation for a single painting and it was said he portrayed the American west as Americans hoped it would be. The authentic stretched canvas replica painting captures the original work's texture, depth of color, and even its subtle brushstrokes, which are applied by hand exclusively for Design Toscano. Our imported hardwood frame features delicate, floral details on the borders and is highlighted in antiqued gold tones to enhance this spectacular image.
- Includes picture wire and hardware for hanging. Follow simple steps in the PDF linked above.
- Please note these instructions are meant for common drywall walls. If other conditions are present, check with your local hardware store for recommendations on hardware and hanging methods.
About The Artist
Albert Bierstadt (1830-1902)
American painter Albert Beirstadt best known for his large detailed landscapes of the American West was the preeminent painter of these romantic luminous scenes during the 19th century. He is among the most industrious and internationally honored American artists.
Born in Germany Beirstadt moved to Massachusetts when he was two years old with his parents. He returned to Germany to study the treatment of subject and light a naturalistic quality that characterizes his work such as in Sierra Nevadas. His energetic paintings such as Bridal Veil Falls reflected the spirit of American westward expansion that characterized the latter half of the 19th century.
Bierstadt's paintings were also a result of his six different travels through the American West while he worked as a Land Surveyor for the U.S. Government. Bierstadt was a founding member of the Luminism movement because his paintings such as Sunset in the Yosemite Valley seemed to possess glowing lighting. Bierstadt paintings also emphasize atmospheric elements like fog clouds and mist as in Mountain of the Mist. He completed over 500 paintings in his lifetime.
More works by this artist
Weights & Dimensions
- Small: 17.25"Wx14.25"H framed (9"Wx6"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 4 lbs.
- Medium: 29.25"Wx22"H framed (21"Wx13.75"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 6 lbs.
- Large: 39.75"Wx29.25"H framed (31.5"Wx21"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 9 lbs.
- Grande: 49.25"Wx35.75"H framed (41"Wx27.5"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 11 lbs.