GET EXCLUSIVE SALES & COUPONS! SIGN UP TODAY!
Water Maidens Frieze Wall Sculptures
After the original goddess sculptures by Jean Goujon (1510-1568), Fountaine des Innocents, Paris
$49.95 – $95.95
These beautiful maidens pay homage to those on the exquisite Renaissance fountain in Paris’ Square des Innocents. Sheltered beneath a stately architectural frame, they gracefully shoulder their life-replenishing water urns. Replicated in quality designer resin to capture the intricate details, these classic sculptures are finished in antique stone as a perfect accompaniment to any formal or gallery space.
- Includes 1 keyhole slot(s) for hanging. Follow simple steps in the PDF linked above.
- Please note these instructions are meant for common drywall walls. If other conditions are present check with your local hardware store for recommendations on hardware and hanging methods.
About The Artist
Jean Goujon (1510-1565)
Jean Goujon was the foremost French sculptor of the 16th century; his most well known work is a series of reliefs for the Fountain of the Innocents. Not only a sculptor but an architect as well Goujon was one of the main players in the French Renaissance.
Goujon's sculptures are prime examples of the mannerism movement in France. His figures are elongated sensual and fluid as well as reminiscent of Greek sculpture. Goujon's graceful and pure style influenced the decorative arts in France for centuries to follow.
His most famous works include a series of water nymphs for the Fountain of the Innocents in Paris and other sculptures on the faade of the Louvre.
More works by this artist
- Follow simple seasonal maintenance steps in the PDF linked above to help preserve your garden décor investment for years to come.
Weights & Dimensions
- Dordogne: 7"Wx2.5"Dx22.5"H. 5 lbs.
- Seine: 7"Wx2.5"Dx22.5"H. 5 lbs.