GET EXCLUSIVE SALES & COUPONS! SIGN UP TODAY!
The Virgin and Child with a Saint and an Angel, 1509-14: Framed Canvas Replica Painting
By artist Andrea del Sarto (1486-1530), in a Private Collection
$150.00 – $450.00
Andrea del Sarto renders the mystery of the young Christ in a work fraught with his legendarily expressive use of color, unsurpassed in Florentine painting. One of the great Old Masters of the High Renaissance, this Italian painter was one of the leading artists of the Renaissance, known as artisat senza errori (without error). The authentic stretched canvas replica painting captures the original work's texture, depth of color, and even its bold brushstrokes, which are applied by hand exclusively for Design Toscano. With bas-relief organic styling, the multi-tiered, replica European style 3.25" wide frame is cast in quality designer resin and highlighted with an aged gold-toned finish.
- Includes picture wire and hardware for hanging. Follow simple steps in the PDF linked above.
- Please note these instructions are meant for common drywall walls. If other conditions are present, check with your local hardware store for recommendations on hardware and hanging methods.
About The Artist
Andrea del Sarto (1486-1530)
Italian painter Andrea del Sarto s career flourished during the High Renaissance and Mannerism periods in which an atmosphere of sophisticated informality and a colorful expression of emotion marked his unique paintings. Del Sarto mainly painted religious works.
Del Sarto was employed as a painter of frescoes and from 1509 through 1514 painted at the Basilica della Santissima Annunziata di Firenze in Florence. These paintings were met with such high respect that Sarto was nicknamed Andrea the Perfect.
In 1512 del Sarto painted Annunciation in a monastery. Along with many frescoes self-portraits and depictions of the Madonna del Sarto s reputation for being faultless ranks him as a master of his time. Del Sarto paintings are grand and graceful and his grasp of color and atmosphere is unchallenged among Florentine painters of his time.
- more info
Weights & Dimensions
- Small: 12.5"Wx15"H framed (6.5"Wx9"H image size, 3.25"W frame), 4 lbs.
- Medium: 21.5"Wx27"H framed (15.5"Wx21"H image size, 3.25"W frame), 6 lbs.
- Large: 28"Wx35.5"H framed (22"Wx29.5"H image size, 3.25"W frame), 8 lbs.
- Grande: 36.5"Wx47"H framed (30.5"Wx41"H image size, 3.25"W frame), 11 lbs.
You may also like...