GET EXCLUSIVE SALES & COUPONS! SIGN UP TODAY!
Venus and Adonis, 1597: Framed Canvas Replica Painting
By artist Bartholomeus Spranger (1546-1611), in the Kunsthistorisches Museum, Vienna
$150.00 – $450.00
A visual rendering of Ovid's story of Venus taking the beautiful Adonis as her first mortal lover, Spranger's work is rich with a free form energy as moves the viewer's eye across the canvas from the lifted arms of the goddess to the watchful cherubs. A Flemish Northern Mannerist, Spranger was appointed court painter by the Pope in 1570. The authentic stretched canvas replica painting captures the original work's texture, depth of color, and even its subtle brushstrokes, which are applied by hand exclusively for Design Toscano. Our replica 4.375" wide, European style, bright gold-toned, ribbed frame is cast in quality designer resin with an acanthus leaf and floret border that draws the eye toward the beautiful image.
- Includes picture wire and hardware for hanging. Follow simple steps in the PDF linked above.
- Please note these instructions are meant for common drywall walls. If other conditions are present, check with your local hardware store for recommendations on hardware and hanging methods.
Weights & Dimensions
- Small: 14.25"Wx17.75"H framed (6"Wx9.5"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 4 lbs.
- Medium: 21.75"Wx29.25"H framed (13.5"Wx21"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 7 lbs.
- Large: 28.25"Wx39.75"H framed (20"Wx31.5"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 9 lbs.
- Grande: 34.25"Wx49.25"H framed (26"Wx41"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 11 lbs.