GET EXCLUSIVE SALES & COUPONS! SIGN UP TODAY!
The Torn Hat, 1820: Framed Canvas Replica Painting
By artist Thomas Sully (1783-1872), in a Private Collection
$150.00 – $450.00
A mix of innocence and mischief abound in this complex portrait of Thomas Wilcocks Sully, nine-year-old son of the painter. The open shirt, rumpled jacket and off-center positioning lend a new-to-the-era casualness while the torn-brim straw hat gave Sully the opportunity to show off his ability to paint a face with a sophisticated mix of light and shadow. The authentic stretched canvas replica painting captures the original work's texture, depth of color, and even its bold brushstrokes, which are applied by hand exclusively for Design Toscano. Our replica European style 3.5" wide frame is cast in quality designer resin and highlighted with a beaded inner border and an antiqued ebony finish.
- Includes picture wire and hardware for hanging. Follow simple steps in the PDF linked above.
- Please note these instructions are meant for common drywall walls. If other conditions are present, check with your local hardware store for recommendations on hardware and hanging methods.
Weights & Dimensions
- Small: 13.5"Wx15.5"H framed (7"Wx9"H image size, 3.5"W frame), 4 lbs.
- Medium: 22.5"Wx27.5"H framed (16"Wx21"H image size, 3.5"W frame), 6 lbs.
- Large: 31.5"Wx39.5"H framed (25"Wx33"H image size, 3.5"W frame), 9 lbs.
- Grande: 36"Wx45.5"H framed (29.5"Wx39"H image size, 3.5"W frame), 10 lbs.