GET EXCLUSIVE SALES & COUPONS! SIGN UP TODAY!
The Water Nymph, 1908: Framed Canvas Replica Painting
By artist Herbert James Draper (1863-1920), in a Private Collection
$150.00 – $450.00
A water dwelling spirit prone to luring men to their deaths, Draper's nymph fixes her gaze on the viewer with a look at once thrilling and predatory. British artist Draper was a winner of the Royal Academy Gold Medal and Traveling Studentship, an honor that made him quite sought after as a portrait painter in his later years. The authentic stretched canvas replica painting captures the original work's texture, depth of color, and even its subtle brushstrokes, which are applied by hand exclusively for Design Toscano. The imported, delicately carved hardwood frame boasts a delicate leaf motif with fine feathered detailing finished in antique gold tones.
- Includes picture wire and hardware for hanging. Follow simple steps in the PDF linked above.
- Please note these instructions are meant for common drywall walls. If other conditions are present, check with your local hardware store for recommendations on hardware and hanging methods.
About The Artist
Herbert James Draper (1863-1920)
English painter Herbert James Draper painted imaginative subjects and portraits of his contemporaries during the Victorian era.
Draper studied art at London's Royal Academy and took many education trips to France Italy Spain Morocco Belgium and The Netherlands.
Draper first received recognition in art for a wall decoration in 1887 where the prize for first place was 40. After exhibiting at the Royal Academy Draper became a very popular painter in his day.
In the 1890s Draper was a productive painter and he focused on mainly Ancient Greek mythological themes. Draper's homage to mythology The Lament for Icarus won the gold medal at the 1900 Exposition Universelle in Paris.
More works by this artist
Weights & Dimensions
- Small: 16.5"Wx13.5"H framed (9"Wx6"H image size, 4"W frame), 4 lbs.
- Medium: 28.5"Wx21"H framed (21"Wx13.5"H image size, 4"W frame), 6 lbs.
- Large: 40.5"Wx28.5"H framed (33"Wx21"H image size, 4"W frame), 9 lbs.
- Grande: 48.5"Wx34"H framed (41"Wx26.5"H image size, 4"W frame), 10 lbs.