GET EXCLUSIVE SALES & COUPONS! SIGN UP TODAY!
The Grande Dragon Sentinel Statue
By artist Gary Chang (b. 1969). Your castle isn’t complete without this nearly yard-tall guardian!
From every side, Chang's masterful dragon is a sculptural icon worthy of appreciation! With heraldic-emblazoned shield, this brave sentry is an almost-yard-tall warrior from one of the world's foremost dragon sculptors. Featuring intricate detailing, imagine our dragon, with his spiny talons, powerful wings and menacing muscle, guarding your entryway, hearth or workplace. Cast in 27 lbs. of quality designer resin, it is finished in faux weathered stone as the proud capstone of any home or garden collection.
- Statue fits on our Roman Doric Column Classical Fluted Architectural Plinth: Wide KY2273 or Lion of Florence Sentinel Base KY727 or Grand Garden English Plinth NE140502.
- Item is shown lighter in color to highlight detail; actual color is darker than it appears here
- Sorry plinth shown in photo above is no longer available.
About The Artist
Acclaimed dragon and gargoyle artist Gary Chang basically grew up in a ceramics factory in Taiwan. He worked alongside ceramics artists and sketched original ideas in his free time. Because ceramics go hand-in-hand with sculpting it was only a matter of time until his ideas began to take three-dimensional shape.
Thanks to his own determination and his family's support Chang was able to travel the world and learn about the mystical legends that exist everywhere and he was inspired. As a result of his travels Gary Chang gargoyles and dragons combine both Eastern and Western concepts.
Many of Gary Chang's sculptures are illuminated such as Merciless the Gargoyle and The Grim Reaper. The menacing shadows and macabre impressions created by the conflicting light and darkness hints at the presence of good and evil.
Chang's most recent work has moved from the mystical into the medieval and he finds particular pleasure in artistically interpreting the legend of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table.
More works by this artist
- Follow simple seasonal maintenance steps in the PDF linked above to help preserve your garden décor investment for years to come.
Weights & Dimensions
- 16.5"Wx11.5"Dx33"H. 27 lbs.
- Base: 11.5" sq.