GET EXCLUSIVE SALES & COUPONS! SIGN UP TODAY!
The Bayswater Omnibus, 1895: Framed Canvas Replica Painting
By artist George William Joy (1844-1925), in the Museum of London, UK
$199.00 – $550.00
In a quite unique and profoundly contemporary scene of urban life, passengers including a mother and her children, a milliner, a nurse and a fashionable couple, ride an omnibus past to Hyde Park or Kensington Gardens. Few details are lost to the artist, including the advertisement for Pears Soap and the passing Hansom cab. Irish-born artist Joy studied in London and Paris, establishing himself as a history and genre painter who frequently exhibited at the Royal Academy. The authentic stretched canvas replica painting captures the original work's texture, depth of color, and even its subtle brushstrokes, which are applied by hand exclusively for Design Toscano. The imported, delicately carved hardwood frame boasts an elegant leaf motif with fine feathered detailing finished in antique gold tones.
- Includes picture wire and hardware for hanging. Follow simple steps in the PDF linked above.
- Please note these instructions are meant for common drywall walls. If other conditions are present, check with your local hardware store for recommendations on hardware and hanging methods.
Weights & Dimensions
- Small: 19.5"Wx15.5"H framed (12"Wx8"H image size, 4"W frame), 3 lbs.
- Medium: 30.5"Wx23.5"H framed (23"Wx16"H image size, 4"W frame), 3 lbs.
- Large: 39.5"Wx29.5"H framed (32"Wx22"H image size, 4"W frame), 5 lbs.
- Grande: 55.5"Wx40.5"H framed (48"Wx33"H image size, 4"W frame), 6 lbs.