GET EXCLUSIVE SALES & COUPONS! SIGN UP TODAY!
Symphony in White No 2, 1864: Framed Canvas Replica Painting
By artist James Abbott McNeill Whistler (1834-1903), in the Tate Museum, London
$150.00 – $450.00
The woman in white, Joanna Heffernan, inspired both the painter (she was Whistler's mistress) and the English poet, Swinburne who wrote a poem about her standing before the mirror in this work. The painting, which won a grand prix in the Universal Exhibition in Paris in 1900, contrasts soft round figures with harder geometrical shapes as it moves away from realism and plays with the Japonisme popular in Europe at the time. The authentic stretched canvas replica painting captures the original work's texture, depth of color, and even its bold brushstrokes, which are applied by hand exclusively for Design Toscano. The imported, delicately carved hardwood frame boasts a delicate leaf motif with fine feathered detailing finished in antique gold tones.
- Includes picture wire and hardware for hanging. Follow simple steps in the PDF linked above.
- Please note these instructions are meant for common drywall walls. If other conditions are present, check with your local hardware store for recommendations on hardware and hanging methods.
Weights & Dimensions
- Small: 13.5"Wx17"H framed (6"Wx9.5"H image size, 4"W frame), 4 lbs.
- Medium: 21"Wx28.5"H framed (13.5"Wx21"H image size, 4"W frame), 6 lbs.
- Large: 27.5"Wx39"H framed (20"Wx31.5"H image size, 4"W frame), 8 lbs.
- Grande: 43.5"Wx48.5"H framed (36"Wx41"H image size, 4"W frame), 12 lbs.