GET EXCLUSIVE SALES & COUPONS! SIGN UP TODAY!
View of the Bacino di San Marco, St. Mark's Basin, 1730-35: Framed Canvas Replica Painting
By artist Antonio Canaletto (1697-1768), in a Private Collection
$150.00 – $450.00
Celebrate the artist's beloved city as Venice unfolds as a jewel at once lively, picturesque, and defined by light. Canaletto uses a personal technique, covering the canvas with blue before using a camera obscura to obtain exact shapes and perspectives directly from real life. The authentic stretched canvas replica painting captures the original work's texture, depth of color, and even its subtle brushstrokes, which are applied by hand exclusively for Design Toscano. Our replica 4.375" wide, European style, bright gold-toned, ribbed frame is cast in quality designer resin with an acanthus leaf and floret border that draws the eye toward the beautiful image.
- Includes picture wire and hardware for hanging. Follow simple steps in the PDF linked above.
- Please note these instructions are meant for common drywall walls. If other conditions are present, check with your local hardware store for recommendations on hardware and hanging methods.
About The Artist
Giovanni Canaletto (1697-1768)
Venetian painter Giovanni Canaletto famous for his landscape paintings of Venice was also a significant printmaker in etching. His paintings are always notable for their accuracy especially his grand scenes of the Venice canals and the Doge s palace.
Canaletto studied with his father a painter of theatre scenes and later spent time in Rome. Once returning to Venice Canaletto focused on painting linear dramatic and topographically accurate Venetian scenes which became his claim to fame.
Canaletto s large-scale landscapes portrayed Venice as a theatrical and traditional city. Canaletto paintings are finely detailed light and airy and unsurpassed in the architectural painting genre. In 1719 he began painting in his famous topographical paintings including Veduta del Palazzo Ducale. His use of atmospheric effects and strong colors preceded the Impressionism movement.
More works by this artist
Weights & Dimensions
- Small: 17.25"Wx14.75"H framed (9"Wx6.5"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 4 lbs.
- Medium: 29.25"Wx23.75"H framed (21"Wx15.5"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 7 lbs.
- Large: 41.25"Wx32.75"H framed (33"Wx24.5"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 9 lbs.
- Grande: 48.25"Wx38.25"H framed (40"Wx30"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 11 lbs.