GET EXCLUSIVE SALES & COUPONS! SIGN UP TODAY!
Song of the Angels: Framed Canvas Replica Painting
$150.00 – $450.00
In typical Bouguereau fashion, a lush fantasy realm comes to life with three idealized angels playing musical instruments while a heavenly light illuminates their serenade. This delicate portrayal is a detail of one of Bouguereau's most famous and most beloved works. Our authentic stretched canvas replica captures the original painting's texture, depth of color, and even its subtle brushstrokes, which are applied by hand. The imported, delicately carved hardwood frame boasts a delicate leaf motif with fine feathered detailing finished in antique gold tones.
- Includes picture wire and hardware for hanging. Follow simple steps in the PDF linked above.
- Please note these instructions are meant for common drywall walls. If other conditions are present, check with your local hardware store for recommendations on hardware and hanging methods.
About The Artist
William-Adolphe Bouguereau (1825-1905)
William had a long successful career as an academic painter exhibiting in the annual Paris Salons for more than 50 years. His paintings of religious mythological and genre subjects were carefully composed and painstakingly finished. Thus he opposed the admission of works by the impressionists to the Salon because he believed that their paintings were no more than unfinished sketches. After a period of neglect following his death Bouguereau's paintings were returned to view as part of a renewed interest in and reappraisal of academic painting and of Ecole des Beaux-Arts works in general. A major retrospective exhibition opened in Paris and was seen in Montreal and Hartford Conn. in 1984.
More works by this artist
Weights & Dimensions
- Small: 16.5"Wx14"H framed (9"Wx6.5"H image size, 4"W frame), 4 lbs.
- Medium: 21.5"Wx17.5"H framed (14"Wx10"H image size, 4"W frame), 5 lbs.
- Large: 30.5"Wx24.25"H framed (23"Wx16.75"H image size, 4"W frame), 7 lbs.
- Grande: 39.5"Wx30.5"H framed (32"Wx23"H image size, 4"W frame), 9 lbs.