GET EXCLUSIVE SALES & COUPONS! SIGN UP TODAY!
The Skater, 1782: Framed Canvas Replica Painting
By artist Gilbert Stuart (1755-1828), in a Private Collection
$150.00 – $450.00
When artist and subject decided the cold temperature at the Serpentine in London's Hyde Park was better suited to skating than sitting for portraiture, they took to the ice. Stuart's work, created in the Grand Manner, was so favorably received at the 1782 Royal Academy Exhibition that it became the commission that brought this American artist broad international recognition. The authentic stretched canvas replica painting captures the original work's texture, depth of color, and even its bold brushstrokes, which are applied by hand exclusively for Design Toscano. Our replica 4.375" wide, European style, bright gold-toned, ribbed frame is cast in quality designer resin with an acanthus leaf and floret border that draws the eye toward the beautiful image.
- Includes picture wire and hardware for hanging. Follow simple steps in the PDF linked above.
- Please note these instructions are meant for common drywall walls. If other conditions are present, check with your local hardware store for recommendations on hardware and hanging methods.
Weights & Dimensions
- Small: 13.75"Wx17.25"H framed (5.5"Wx9"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 4 lbs.
- Medium: 20.75"Wx29.25"H framed (12.5"Wx21"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 6 lbs.
- Large: 27.75"Wx41.25"H framed (19.5"Wx33"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 9 lbs.
- Grande: 32.75"Wx49.25"H framed (24.5"Wx41"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 10 lbs.