GET EXCLUSIVE SALES & COUPONS! SIGN UP TODAY!
Sentinel of the Plains, 1906: Framed Canvas Replica Painting
By artist William Herbert Dunton (1878-1936), in a Private Collection
$150.00 – $399.00
This iconic image of the lone American cowboy and his horse, surveying the plains from a rocky mountaintop, is expertly rendered from shadow to muscled sinew. A true Western character, artist Dunton painted to live. His personal philosophy is perhaps best explained in a statement he made that no life of his "would be thrown away painting pictures, when I could live the greater part of a year alone with my rifle and a few pack animals." The authentic stretched canvas replica painting captures the original work's texture, depth of color, and even its bold brushstrokes, which are applied by hand exclusively for Design Toscano. Our replica European style 3.125" wide frame is cast in quality designer resin in a deep ebony hue highlighted by a faux mat and a classic, understated border in an antique gold finish.
- Includes picture wire and hardware for hanging. Follow simple steps in the PDF linked above.
- Please note these instructions are meant for common drywall walls. If other conditions are present, check with your local hardware store for recommendations on hardware and hanging methods.
Weights & Dimensions
- Small: 15.25"Wx22.75"H framed (9.5"Wx17"H image size, 3.125"W frame), 5 lbs.
- Medium: 21.75"Wx32.75"H framed (16"Wx27"H image size, 3.125"W frame), 7 lbs.
- Large: 26.75"Wx42.75"H framed (21"Wx37"H image size, 3.125"W frame), 9 lbs.
- Grande: 32.75"Wx50.75"H framed (27"Wx45"H image size, 3.125"W frame), 11 lbs.