GET EXCLUSIVE SALES & COUPONS! SIGN UP TODAY!
Sappho, 1877: Framed Canvas Replica Painting
By artist Charles-Auguste Mengin (1853-1933) in the Manchester City Art Gallery, U.K.
$150.00 – $550.00
This dramatically sensual, partially nude portrait of Sappho, the prolific and much-admired Greek lyric poetess, was created by French painter Mengin. Heavy with naturalistic skin tones and robust browns, Sappho is depicted rife with the unrequited love that legend says caused her to throw herself from the Leucadian rock to her death. The authentic stretched canvas replica painting captures the original work's texture, depth of color, and even its subtle brushstrokes, which are applied by hand exclusively for Design Toscano. Our replica European style, bright gold-toned ribbed frame is cast in quality designer resin with an acanthus leaf and floret border that draws the eye toward the beautiful image.
- Includes picture wire and hardware for hanging. Follow simple steps in the PDF linked above.
- Please note these instructions are meant for common drywall walls. If other conditions are present, check with your local hardware store for recommendations on hardware and hanging methods.
Weights & Dimensions
- Small: 16.25"Wx20.25"H framed (8"Wx12"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 3 lbs.
- Medium: 24.25"Wx33.25"H framed (16"Wx25"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 4 lbs.
- Large: 32.25"Wx45.25"H framed (24"Wx37"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 5 lbs.
- Grande: 39.25"Wx55.75"H framed (31"Wx47.5"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 7 lbs.