GET EXCLUSIVE SALES & COUPONS! SIGN UP TODAY!
Saint-Remy Irises Stained Glass Window
Over 170 individually hand-cut pieces of authentic art glass encased in glazier's came.
With a nod to the graceful iris paintings of artist Vincent Van Gogh, this exquisite work of stained glass shines with the gentle light of the Impressionists. Our Design Toscano-exclusive European-style stained glass masterwork requires three full days to create, as each of the individually hand-cut pieces of quality art glass are copper-foiled and encased in glazier's came. Our exclusive work of high quality stained glass art has the look of a fine period antique.
- Window includes two scroll brackets and two approximately 20" long chains with snap hooks for hanging.
- Chains can be adjusted for length by removing links as needed.
- Each bracket requires two screws not included.
- Design Toscano is not responsible for damages due to failed hangers and/or improper installation.
About The Artist
Vincent van Gogh (1853-1890)
As one of the leaders of the post-impressionist movement Vincent Willem van Gogh's art represents the idea of emotional spontaneity in painting. Famous van Gogh paintings such as Starry Night and Self Portrait have served as a major influence on scores of other artists.
Born March 30 1853 in Groot-Zundert Denmark he often presented a moody impatient disposition that would be the downfall for most of his professional pursuits. Early van Gogh paintings reflect on his time as an Evangelical preacher in Belgium where he ministered among the miners at Wasmes.
Van Gogh's brother Theo an art dealer encouraged Vincent to move to Paris in early 1886. It was here that impressionism would begin its influence and shaper later van Gogh paintings. Inspired by the impressionists and other artists such as Paul Gauguin van Gogh began to experiment with the current techniques that would later leave a lasting mark on the art community.
In 1888 van Gogh moved to the town of Arles in southern France. It was during this period that he began to use the swirling brush strokes and intense yellows greens and blues associated with works such as Arles les Irises and Sower With a Setting Sun. All visible phenomena whether painted or hand-drawn seemed to be infused with a physical and spiritual strength that can be seen throughout many van Gogh paintings.
During this enthusiastic time for van Gogh he persuaded fellow artist Paul Gauguin to join him in Arles. Two months after Gauguin's arrival the two artists began to have violent arguments one of which culminated in van Gogh threatening Gauguin with a razor. Later that night van Gogh sliced off part of his own ear in remorse over the threat.
More works by this artist
For California Customers
WARNING: This product can expose you to lead a chemical which is known to State of California to cause cancer and/or birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information visit www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- This is authentic hand-crafted art glass; variations of texture and color are part of the process.
- The amount of sunlight or ambient lighting shining through these stained glass windows may affect the appearance and color of the glass.
- Our stained glass windows have been protected with mineral oil as part of the finishing process. Please use a soft dry cloth to remove any excess oil.
Weights & Dimensions
- 17"Wx17"H. 4 lbs.