GET EXCLUSIVE SALES & COUPONS! SIGN UP TODAY!
Project for the Disposition of the Grand Gallery, 1796: Framed Canvas Replica Painting
By artist Hubert Robert (1733-1808), in Louvre, Paris
$150.00 – $450.00
Painted shortly after the Louvre opened, Robert's view of the Grand Galerie shows the hall brimming with visitors, sketchers and other artists. French artist Robert's inspired paintings were skillfully executed, featuring lively, pointed subjects. Our authentic, stretched canvas replica captures the original painting's texture, depth of color, and even its subtle brushstrokes, which are applied by hand. Our replica 4.375" wide, European style, bright gold-toned, ribbed frame is cast in quality designer resin with an acanthus leaf and floret border that draws the eye toward the beautiful image.
- Includes picture wire and hardware for hanging. Follow simple steps in the PDF linked above.
- Please note these instructions are meant for common drywall walls. If other conditions are present, check with your local hardware store for recommendations on hardware and hanging methods.
About The Artist
Hubert Robert (1733-1808)
French painter Hubert Robert was often called Robert les Ruines as a result of a visit to Rome where the example set by Giovanni Panini led Robert to devote himself to painting ruins.
Robert painted imaginary landscapes with characters from the 18th century in classical ruins settings. The director of the French Academy in 1760 urged his students to sketch and paint outdoors and Robert being a current student devoted himself to traveling around Italy and sketching romantically overdrawn ruins. Robert would integrate these motifs into paintings throughout his career.
Robert was a prolific painter in his day and he also acted in a role similar to a modern day art director for many aristocratic clients. Robert is remembered not only for his skills as a painter but for the liveliness of the subjects he painted. Both of these qualities as well as Panini's influence can be seen in Robert's painting of Project for Transformation of the Grande Galerie of the Louvre.
- more info
Weights & Dimensions
- Small: 20.25"Wx17.25"H framed (12"Wx9"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 5 lbs.
- Medium: 29.25"Wx24.25"H framed (21"Wx16"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 7 lbs.
- Large: 35.25"Wx29.25"H framed (27"Wx21"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 8 lbs.
- Grande: 48.25"Wx39.25"H framed (40"Wx31"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 11 lbs.