GET EXCLUSIVE SALES & COUPONS! SIGN UP TODAY!
Portrait of a Man, 1526: Framed Canvas Replica Painting
By artist Moretto da Brescia (1498-1554), in a Private Collection
$150.00 – $450.00
This image, possibly of a gentleman named Gerolamo Avogadro, is the earliest-known, independent, life-size, full-length portrait produced in Italy. The distant gaze, the ornate costume, and the St. Christopher badge on the gentleman's hat all speak of the grand tradition of Venetian portraiture. Il Moretto, said to be a man of great personal piety, excelled in altarpieces, preparing himself by prayer and fasting for any great act of sacred art. The authentic stretched canvas replica painting captures the original work's texture, depth of color, and even its subtle brushstrokes, which are applied by hand exclusively for Design Toscano. The imported, delicately carved hardwood frame boasts a delicate leaf motif with fine feathered detailing finished in antique gold tones.
- Includes picture wire and hardware for hanging. Follow simple steps in the PDF linked above.
- Please note these instructions are meant for common drywall walls. If other conditions are present, check with your local hardware store for recommendations on hardware and hanging methods.
Weights & Dimensions
- Small: 13.5"Wx21"H framed (6"Wx13.5"H image size, 4"W frame), 4 lbs.
- Medium: 17"Wx28.5"H framed (9.5"Wx21"H image size, 4"W frame), 6 lbs.
- Large: 22.5"Wx40.5"H framed (15"Wx33"H image size, 4"W frame), 8 lbs.
- Grande: 26"Wx48.5"H framed (18.5"Wx41"H image size, 4"W frame), 9 lbs.