GET EXCLUSIVE SALES & COUPONS! SIGN UP TODAY!
Portrait d'une Negresse, 1800: Framed Canvas Replica Painting
By artist Marie-Guillemine Benoist (1768-1826), in the Louvre, Paris
$150.00 – $450.00
Painted six years after the abolition of slavery, this highly-lauded work exhibited at the Salon, became a symbol of women's emancipation and black people's rights. The artist was known for her paintings of historic events as well as her coveted commission of a portrait of Napoleon. The authentic stretched canvas replica painting captures the original work's texture, depth of color, and even its bold brushstrokes, which are applied by hand exclusively for Design Toscano. Our replica 4.375" wide, European style, bright gold-toned, ribbed frame is cast in quality designer resin with an acanthus leaf and floret border that draws the eye toward the beautiful image.
- Includes picture wire and hardware for hanging. Follow simple steps in the PDF linked above.
- Please note these instructions are meant for common drywall walls. If other conditions are present, check with your local hardware store for recommendations on hardware and hanging methods.
Weights & Dimensions
- Small: 15.25"Wx17.25"H framed (7"Wx9"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 4 lbs.
- Medium: 25.25"Wx29.25"H framed (17"Wx21"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 7 lbs.
- Large: 34.75"Wx41.25"H framed (26.5"Wx33"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 10 lbs.
- Grande: 39.75"Wx47.75"H framed (31.5"Wx39.5"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 11 lbs.