Oval Office Presidents' H.M.S. Resolute Desk
Hand-carved mahogany antique replica executive office furniture
Expected back in stock: December 10
- Simple assembly required.
- Our mahogany Oval Office Presidents' H.M.S. Resolute Desk is constructed with an engineered plywood shelf and divider for supreme stability and strength.
- Engraved plaque reads: H.M.S. "Resolute" forming part of the expedition sent in search of Sir John Franklin in 1852 was abandoned in latitude 74' 41' N. Longitude 101' 22' W on 15th May 1854. She was discovered and extricated in September 1855 in latitude 67' N. by Captain Buddington of the United States whaler "George Henry." The ship was purchased fitted out and sent to England as a gift to Her Majesty Queen Victoria by the President and people of the United States as a token of goodwill & friendship. This table was made from her timbers when she was broken up and is presented by the Queen of Great Britain & Ireland to the President of the United States as a memorial of the courtesy and loving kindness which dictated the offer of the gift of the "Resolute."
Weights & Dimensions
- 72"Wx48½"Dx31½"H. 392 lbs.
- Leg Opening Under Desk: 28”Wx41¼”Dx25”H.