GET EXCLUSIVE SALES & COUPONS! SIGN UP TODAY!
Oedipus and the Sphinx, 1864: Framed Canvas Replica Painting
By artist Gustave Moreau (1826-1898), in a Private Collection
$150.00 – $450.00
The part human, part monster Sphinx holds Oedipus at bay while awaiting his correct answer to the riddle required for safe passage through the mountain pass. Moreau, a French Symbolist painter who preferred biblical and mythological figures, exhibited this work at the Salon and went on to teach illustrious artists such as Henri Matisse and Jules Flandrin at Paris' Ecole des Beaux-Arts. The authentic stretched canvas replica painting captures the original work's texture, depth of color, and even its subtle brushstrokes, which are applied by hand exclusively for Design Toscano. Our replica 4.375" wide, European style, bright gold-toned, ribbed frame is cast in quality designer resin with an acanthus leaf and floret border that draws the eye toward the beautiful image.
- Includes picture wire and hardware for hanging. Follow simple steps in the PDF linked above.
- Please note these instructions are meant for common drywall walls. If other conditions are present, check with your local hardware store for recommendations on hardware and hanging methods.
Weights & Dimensions
- Small: 14.75"Wx21.25"H framed (6.5"Wx13"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 5 lbs.
- Medium: 18.25"Wx29.25"H framed (10"Wx21"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 6 lbs.
- Large: 22.25"Wx37.25"H framed (14"Wx29"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 8 lbs.
- Grande: 28.25"Wx49.25"H framed (20"Wx41"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 10 lbs.