GET EXCLUSIVE SALES & COUPONS! SIGN UP TODAY!
Nike of Samothrace Statues
190 BCE, Hellenistic period, Daru Staircase, in the Louvre, Paris
$49.95 – $399.00
The showcase of the Louvre still thrills viewers today as Nike, Winged Victory, presides over its grand staircase. This 19th-century, scaled museum rendition of the goddess with wings spreads as she landed on the prow of a ship is thought to be announcing the Rhodian naval victory over Antiochos III. One of the world's most recognizable images, our estate-sized Nike statue is cast directly from a 19th-century original in art-grade resin.
- A true copy of the original in the Louvre our large version is meant to be viewed primarily from its left side in three-quarter view so the right side and back are rendered in less detail. This version also includes the reinforcement added to the wing by the Louvre. Both the original and our large version have a right wing that is a mirror-image cast from the left wing since the artist's original has been lost to time.
- Fits on Grand English Rosette plinth (CL5193) Grand Garden English plinth (NE140502) Rococo plinth (KY0631) Grande Laurel plinth (KY3917) Classical Fluted plinth (KY2273) and Lion of Florence Sentinel base (KY727)
- Fits on Large Classic plinth (NG314100) and Roman Column plinth (NE60510) with slight overhang
- Follow simple seasonal maintenance steps in the PDF linked above to help preserve your garden décor investment for years to come.
Weights & Dimensions
- Desktop: 8"Wx6"Dx11"H. 3 lbs.
- Large: 25.5"Wx20"Dx40.5"H. 30 lbs.
- Large Base: 12.5"W x 10"D
You may also like...