GET EXCLUSIVE SALES & COUPONS! SIGN UP TODAY!
Nike of Samothrace Statues
$49.95 – $375.00
The showcase of the Louvre still thrills viewers today as Nike, Winged Victory, presides over its grand staircase. This scaled museum rendition of the goddess Nike, with wings spread as she landed on the prow of a ship, is thought to be announcing the Rhodian naval victory over Antiochus III. One of the world’s most recognizable sculptural images, our statue is cast in bonded natural marble.
- Bonded Marble Statue: 8"Wx6"Dx11"H. 3 lbs.
- Scaled Museum Replica: 25½"Wx20"Dx40½"H. 30 lbs.
- Base of Scaled Replica is 12.5"W x 10"D
- A true copy of the original in the Louvre our large version is meant to be viewed primarily from its left side in three-quarter view so the right side and back are rendered in less detail. This version also includes the reinforcement added to the wing by the Louvre. Both the original and our large version have a right wing that is a mirror-image cast from the left wing since the artist's original has been lost to time.
- Fits on Grand English Rosette plinth (CL5193) Grand Garden English plinth (NE140502) Rococo plinth (KY0631) Grande Laurel plinth (KY3917) Classical Fluted plinth (KY2273) and Lion of Florence Sentinel base (KY727)
- Fits on Large Classic plinth (NG314100) and Roman Column plinth (NE60510) with slight overhang