GET EXCLUSIVE SALES & COUPONS! SIGN UP TODAY!
Mountain Landscape, 1895: Framed Canvas Replica Painting
By artist Albert Bierstadt (1830-1902), in a Private Collection
$150.00 – $399.00
An absolutely exquisite synergy of light, shadow and saturated color sing a love song to the mountainous country the artist called "the best material for the artist in the world." Bierstadt established his reputation by working up views of European landscapes, but moved on to legitimize the American West as a serious topic for oil painting. He left a legacy of over 300 works. The authentic stretched canvas replica painting captures the original work's texture, depth of color, and even its bold brushstrokes, which are applied by hand exclusively for Design Toscano. Our replica European style 3.125" wide frame is cast in quality designer resin in a deep ebony hue highlighted by a faux mat and a classic, understated border in an antique gold finish.
- Includes picture wire and hardware for hanging. Follow simple steps in the PDF linked above.
- Please note these instructions are meant for common drywall walls. If other conditions are present, check with your local hardware store for recommendations on hardware and hanging methods.
About The Artist
Albert Bierstadt (1830-1902)
American painter Albert Beirstadt best known for his large detailed landscapes of the American West was the preeminent painter of these romantic luminous scenes during the 19th century. He is among the most industrious and internationally honored American artists.
Born in Germany Beirstadt moved to Massachusetts when he was two years old with his parents. He returned to Germany to study the treatment of subject and light a naturalistic quality that characterizes his work such as in Sierra Nevadas. His energetic paintings such as Bridal Veil Falls reflected the spirit of American westward expansion that characterized the latter half of the 19th century.
Bierstadt's paintings were also a result of his six different travels through the American West while he worked as a Land Surveyor for the U.S. Government. Bierstadt was a founding member of the Luminism movement because his paintings such as Sunset in the Yosemite Valley seemed to possess glowing lighting. Bierstadt paintings also emphasize atmospheric elements like fog clouds and mist as in Mountain of the Mist. He completed over 500 paintings in his lifetime.
More works by this artist
Weights & Dimensions
- Small: 22.75"Wx15.25"H framed (17"Wx9.5"H image size, 3.125"W frame), 5 lbs.
- Medium: 33.75"Wx22.75"H framed (28"Wx17"H image size, 3.125"W frame), 7 lbs.
- Large: 42.75"Wx26.75"H framed (37"Wx21"H image size, 3.125"W frame), 9 lbs.
- Grande: 47.5"Wx29.5"H framed (41.75"Wx23.75"H image size, 3.125"W frame), 10 lbs.