GET EXCLUSIVE SALES & COUPONS! SIGN UP TODAY!
Midsummer Eve: Framed Canvas Replica Painting
By artist Edward Robert Hughes (1851-1914)
$150.00 – $450.00
A beautiful barefoot maiden unsuspectingly steps into a glittering ring of enchanting fairies in this lush work by Britain's Pre-Raphaelite, Edward Hughes. Rife with the Victorian sense of mystery, this romantic work crosses the boundary between reality and illusion. Our authentic stretched canvas replica captures the original painting's texture, depth of color, and even its subtle brushstrokes, which are applied by hand. The imported, delicately carved hardwood frame boasts a delicate leaf motif with fine feathered detailing finished in antique gold tones.
- Includes picture wire and hardware for hanging. Follow simple steps in the PDF linked above.
- Please note these instructions are meant for common drywall walls. If other conditions are present, check with your local hardware store for recommendations on hardware and hanging methods.
About The Artist
Edward Robert Hughes (1851-1914)
Edward Robert Hughes is a well-known English painter who identified with the Pre-Raphaelite and Aesthetic movements often working in watercolor or gouache. Hughes's paintings display a detailed observation of nature and devotion to intricate painting.
Hughes regularly exhibited his paintings at the Royal Academy the Royal Watercolor Society the British Institution and the Grosvenor Gallery. At all these venues he showed his more Pre-Raphaelite symbolic paintings including one of his most well known Midsummer Eve. Hughes was also inclined to paint based on stories from Italian literature and Shakespeare and always with a mystical atmosphere as in Ophelia. His favorite colors in which to paint were blue and gold as can be seen in Twilight Fantasies.
Like many other Victorian artists Hughes was a staunch perfectionist. But he is more remembered for being a kind mentor to young painters and a much-loved lecturer.
- more info
Weights & Dimensions
- Small: 17.75"Wx23.5"H framed (10.25"Wx16"H image size, 4"W frame), 5 lbs.
- Medium: 22"Wx30.5"H framed (14.5"Wx23"H image size, 4"W frame), 7 lbs.
- Large: 25.5"Wx35.5"H framed (18"Wx28"H image size, 4"W frame), 8 lbs.
- Grande: 28.5"Wx41.5"H framed (21"Wx34"H image size, 4"W frame), 9 lbs.