GET EXCLUSIVE SALES & COUPONS! SIGN UP TODAY!
Madonna and Child with Two Angels, 1465: Framed Canvas Replica Painting
By artist Filippo Lippi (1406-1469), in the Uffizi Gallery, Florence
$150.00 – $450.00
One of the most beautiful paintings of the Florentine Renaissance, this passionate work makes mother and child both accessible and relational. The story behind the art is even more colorful. Legend says Lippi persuaded a convent to allow him to paint a young novice as the Holy Mother in this portrait - then persuaded her to run away with him. Lippi's biographer Vasari claims that Cosimo de' Medici, his benefactor, loved Lippi despite his antics and saw his fiery nature as typical of rare minds. The authentic stretched canvas replica painting captures the original work's texture, depth of color, and even its subtle brushstrokes, which are applied by hand exclusively for Design Toscano. Our replica 4.375" wide, European style, bright gold-toned, ribbed frame is cast in quality designer resin with an acanthus leaf and floret border that draws the eye toward the beautiful image.
- Includes picture wire and hardware for hanging. Follow simple steps in the PDF linked above.
- Please note these instructions are meant for common drywall walls. If other conditions are present, check with your local hardware store for recommendations on hardware and hanging methods.
Weights & Dimensions
- Small: 14.25"Wx17.25"H framed (6"Wx9"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 4 lbs.
- Medium: 22.25"Wx29.25"H framed (14"Wx21"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 7 lbs.
- Large: 28.25"Wx37.75"H framed (20"Wx29.5"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 8 lbs.
- Grande: 36.75"Wx50.25"H framed (28.5"Wx42"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 11 lbs.