GET EXCLUSIVE SALES & COUPONS! SIGN UP TODAY!
Life-Size Cigar Store Indian Tobacconist Statues
$650.00 – $1,039.98
First used in 17th century English shops to advertise American tobacco to a still illiterate European population, the Cigar Store Indian is highly collectible as folk art. Loosely based on an 1875 carving by Thomas Brooks of New York's Auer Tobacco Company, our antique replicas are cast in quality designer resin and hand painted in a weathered palette. While sometimes criticized as a simplistic and demeaning stereotype of Native Americans, these historic icons of an era are still much admired for their artistic hand carving and unique place in advertising history.
- Both sizes include mounting plates for secure permanent installation.
- Our artwork is inspired by traditional Southwest art but is not an Indian product or the product of a particular Indian tribe or organization.
- Follow simple seasonal maintenance steps in the PDF linked above to help preserve your garden décor investment for years to come.
Weights & Dimensions
- Large: 18"Wx17"Dx48.5"H. 21 lbs.
- Life-Size: 28"Wx25.5"Dx72.5"H. 42 lbs.