GET EXCLUSIVE SALES & COUPONS! SIGN UP TODAY!
The Kiss, 1908: Framed Canvas Replica Painting
By artist Gustav Klimt (1862-1918), in the Osterreichische Galerie, Vienna
$175.00 – $550.00
In "The Kiss" (1908) , a pair of entranced lovers embraces in a stylized meadow studded with flowers on a background reminiscent of Byzantine icons. Austrian Klimt, known for sumptuously decorative scenes, creates highly distinctive displays of extraordinarily lush sensuality. The authentic stretched canvas replica painting captures the original work's texture, depth of color, and even its bold brushstrokes, which are applied by hand exclusively for Design Toscano. The imported, delicately carved hardwood frame boasts a delicate leaf motif with fine feathered detailing finished in antique gold tones.
- Includes picture wire and hardware for hanging. Follow simple steps in the PDF linked above.
- Please note these instructions are meant for common drywall walls. If other conditions are present, check with your local hardware store for recommendations on hardware and hanging methods.
About The Artist
Gustav Klimt (1863-1918)
Gustav Klimt was an Austrian painter whose Symbolist style led to the founding of the school of painting known as Vienna Secession or Vienna Art Nouveau. The Vienna Secession was a group of painters who revolted against the trend of academic art in favor of a highly decorative style comparable to Art Nouveau. Klimt's many works include paintings murals and sketches often featuring an erotic yet elegant female figure.
Klimt was born near Vienna Austria and although impoverished during childhood he enrolled in the Vienna School of Arts and Crafts training to be a decorative architect. After helping found the Vienna Succession Klimt entered his well-known Golden Phase where many of his paintings utilized gold leaf such as The Kiss. Klimt's paintings during this time were positively critiqued and successful. These works are considered a maturation of style and are rich with symbolism emphasizing a freedom from traditional art and culture.
Upon Klimt's death in 1918 many paintings were left unfinished.
More works by this artist
Weights & Dimensions
- Small: 19.5"Wx25.5"H framed (12"Wx18"H image size, 4"W frame), 6 lbs.
- Medium: 20"Wx28.5"H framed (12.5"Wx21"H image size, 4"W frame), 6 lbs.
- Large: 26.5"Wx37.5"H framed (19"Wx30"H image size, 4"W frame), 8 lbs.
- Grande: 32.5"Wx48.5"H framed (25"Wx41"H image size, 4"W frame), 10 lbs.
- Estate: 39"Wx59.5"H framed (31.5"Wx52"H image size, 4"W frame), 12 lbs.