GET EXCLUSIVE SALES & COUPONS! SIGN UP TODAY!
Island of the Dead (III), 1883: Framed Canvas Replica Painting
By artist Arnold Bocklin (1827-1901), in the Alte Nationalgalerie, Berlin
$150.00 – $450.00
A desolate and rocky islet seen across an expanse of dark water, this painting by Swiss Symbolist Bocklin was a dream image that seemed to take on a life of its own, resulting in at least five known versions. Widely popular in Europe during the early 20th century, it is said to have been found in almost every Berlin home, including those of Freud and Lenin. The authentic stretched canvas replica painting captures the original work's texture, depth of color, and even its subtle brushstrokes, which are applied by hand exclusively for Design Toscano. Our replica 4.375" wide, European style, bright gold-toned, ribbed frame is cast in quality designer resin with an acanthus leaf and floret border that draws the eye toward the beautiful image.
- Includes picture wire and hardware for hanging. Follow simple steps in the PDF linked above.
- Please note these instructions are meant for common drywall walls. If other conditions are present, check with your local hardware store for recommendations on hardware and hanging methods.
Weights & Dimensions
- Small: 21.25"Wx15.25"H framed (13"Wx7"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 5 lbs.
- Medium: 29.25"Wx19.75"H framed (21"Wx11.5"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 6 lbs.
- Large: 37.75"Wx24.25"H framed (29.5"Wx16"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 8 lbs.
- Grande: 49.25"Wx30.75"H framed (41"Wx22.5"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 10 lbs.