GET EXCLUSIVE SALES & COUPONS! SIGN UP TODAY!
Hyde Park Authentic Garden Armillary Sphere
Originally a Victorian antique ours is a foundry iron casting
Expected back in stock: November 10
Dating back to the 4th century A.D. and mentioned in the works of scientists, philosophers, and poets, historic armillary spheres show time as the shadow of the gnomon falls across the equatorial ring. Our Design Toscano-exclusive heirloom casting is Victorian garden art at its finest and adds architectural interest in quality foundry iron, a material that outperforms common aluminum. Rising on a sculptural base, this investment in garden art stands more than a yard tall.
- Simple assembly required.
- Unlike the lightweight aluminum models on the market our hand-painted antique replica outdoor furniture is crafted from cast iron which while much stronger requires seasonal care and maintenance to prevent rust.
- To make furniture last longer clean surfaces at least twice annually with a sponge warm water and liquid detergent using an old toothbrush to scrub hard-to-reach areas. Hose off with clean water and air dry in the sun.
- If you live somewhere with harsh weather consider bringing outdoor metal furniture to a sheltered area during freezing winters or stormy wet seasons. If not possible invest in breathable fabric covers for use during foul weather.
- Take care when moving furniture or storing it covered for the season to prevent metal surfaces from clinking together possibly causing damage to the paint.
- If rust begins to appear these items can be repainted using an outdoor-grade paint intended for use on metal surfaces as needed. When absolutely necessary old layers of paint can be stripped off down to bare metal and a new finish can be applied.
With proper care following these simple guidelines iron furniture will enjoy the longest life possible.
Weights & Dimensions
- 24.5"Wx14.5"Dx40"H. 44 lbs.
- Base: 4"Wx4.5"D.