GET EXCLUSIVE SALES & COUPONS! SIGN UP TODAY!
General Bonaparte on the Bridge at Arcole, 17th November, 1796: Framed Canvas Replica Painting
By artist Antoine-Jean Gros (1771-1835), in the Chateau de Versailles, France
$175.00 – $650.00
Unlike most artists who paint historical portraits, Gros himself was actually present at the battle when Napoleon planted the French flag on the bridge over the River Alpone. He immortalized the moment in this incredible piece, his first major work. His artistic rendering of details from smoke to sword so pleased the emperor that he was allowed to accompany Napoleon on subsequent campaigns and to select works of art from Italy for the Louvre. The authentic stretched canvas replica painting captures the original work's texture, depth of color, and even its subtle brushstrokes, which are applied by hand exclusively for Design Toscano. Our replica European style, bright gold-toned ribbed frame is cast in quality designer resin with an acanthus leaf and floret border that draws the eye toward the beautiful image
- Includes picture wire and hardware for hanging. Follow simple steps in the PDF linked above.
- Please note these instructions are meant for common drywall walls. If other conditions are present, check with your local hardware store for recommendations on hardware and hanging methods.
Weights & Dimensions
- Small: 16.25"Wx19.5"H framed (8"Wx11.25"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 3 lbs.
- Medium: 24.25"Wx30.75"H framed (16"Wx22.5"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 3 lbs.
- Large: 32.25"Wx42.25"H framed (24"Wx34"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 5 lbs.
- Grande: 44.25"Wx55.5"H framed (36"Wx47.25"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 7 lbs.