GET EXCLUSIVE SALES & COUPONS! SIGN UP TODAY!
Forest Scene at Sunset Reverse Hand-Painted Glass Lamp
The advent of electricity brought forward a new art form table lamps with intricately reverse painted shades. Verre Eglumise is the art of reverse hand painting whereas the artist, with the use of very fine brushes, paints with their hand actually inside the translucent glass shade. What a wonder to be able to create an artistic forest scene with such depth of field, hand painted on both sides: the front picture is of trees and bushes, while the back depicts a scene with rocks and a flowing river. Best appreciated when used as an accent light, displaying the artist s depiction to best advantage while the sunset and sky provide a soft and dreamy ambiance. A flowing metal base with acanthus leaf design details finished in faux antique brass rises to the hand-painted bell shaped shade popularized in the 1890's and crowned with a metal finial. Once lit the artist's canvas of glass conjures up a magical world.
- Simple assembly required.
- Light fixture accepts your (1) 25-watt bulb, not included.
- Switch on cord.
- Indoor use only.
- This is authentic, hand-crafted art glass; variations of texture and color are part of the process.
- The type of light bulbs used in these hand-painted glass lamps or ambient lighting may affect the appearance and color of the glass.
Weights & Dimensions
- 7.5"Wx7.5"Dx17"H. 3 lbs.
- Lamp Shade Alone: 7.25"dia.x5.5"H.
- Opening at top w/o heat cap: 1.75"dia.