GET EXCLUSIVE SALES & COUPONS! SIGN UP TODAY!
Flaming June: Framed Canvas Replica Painting
By artist Frederic Leighton (1830-1896), in the Museo de Arte de Ponce
$250.00 – $599.00
This beautiful woman, fast asleep in the brilliant light of a summer afternoon, epitomizes both artist Lord Frederic Leighton's style and his reputation as the dominant figure in Victorian art. Considered to be Leighton's magnum opus, Flaming June is a sumptuous work rendered in luxuriant color and meticulous detail. The Oleander branch in the top right, symbolises the fragile link between sleep and death. The authentic stretched canvas replica painting captures the original work's texture, depth of color, and even its bold brushstrokes, which are applied by hand exclusively for Design Toscano. The imported, delicately carved hardwood frame boasts a delicate leaf motif with fine feathered detailing finished in antique gold tones.
- Includes picture wire and hardware for hanging. Follow simple steps in the PDF linked above.
- Please note these instructions are meant for common drywall walls. If other conditions are present, check with your local hardware store for recommendations on hardware and hanging methods.
About The Artist
Lord Frederic Leighton (1830-1896)
Lord Frederic Leighton the undisputed figurehead of the Victorian classical school of painting was an English painter and sculptor. Leighton painted mythological Biblical and historical subjects in the style that established his reputation in England an in art history. Leighton loved the rich colors of the Spanish and Egyptian landscapes and he painted much in those countries.
Leighton began his art studies at the age of ten in Rome and traveled all over Europe studying the masters and gaining firsthand knowledge of the cultural and artistic treasures. Unlike most major 19th-century artists Leighton did not attend the Royal Academy. In 1855 Leighton's painting Cimbue's Madonna Carried in Procession through the Streets of Florence was exhibited at the Royal Academy and later purchased by Queen Victoria. This was the commencement of a glittering career and lasting fame.
In the late 19th-century an interest in Hellenism led Leighton away from historical paintings and to mythological paintings during a time when Greek fashion allowed women a freedom of movement and lifestyle. Leighton's paintings such as Flaming June soon became the talk of London.
More works by this artist
Weights & Dimensions
- Small: 28"Wx28"H framed (20.5"Wx20.5"H image size, 4"W frame), 7 lbs.
- Medium: 36.5"Wx36.5"H framed (29"Wx29"H image size, 4"W frame), 9 lbs.
- Large: 42.5"Wx42.5"H framed (35"Wx35"H image size, 4"W frame), 11 lbs.
- Grande: 47.5"Wx47.5"H framed (40"Wx40"H image size, 4"W frame), 12 lbs.