GET EXCLUSIVE SALES & COUPONS! SIGN UP TODAY!
Equestrian Portrait of Mademoiselle Croizette, 1873: Framed Canvas Replica Painting
By artist Charles Carolus-Duran (1837-1917), in the Musee des Beaux-Arts, Tourcoing, France
$199.00 – $599.00
French actress Sophie Croizette, theatrical rival of Sarah Bernhardt, rides side saddle along the seashore in this work that is itself, pure drama. Whether one focuses on the muscled haunches that make this a mastery of animal art or the aristocratic pose that defines it as a Victorian portrait, it's a stunning art collectible. Croizette's uncle, artist, Carolus-Duran, was an accomplished French painter, an art instructor of luminaries such as John Singer Sargeant, and a Grande Officer of the Legion d'honneur who was known for his stylish high society portraits. The authentic stretched canvas replica painting captures the original work's texture, depth of color, and even its subtle brushstrokes, which are applied by hand exclusively for Design Toscano. Our imported hardwood frame features delicate, floral details on the borders and is highlighted in antiqued gold tones to enhance the spectacular image.
- Includes picture wire and hardware for hanging. Follow simple steps in the PDF linked above.
- Please note these instructions are meant for common drywall walls. If other conditions are present, check with your local hardware store for recommendations on hardware and hanging methods.
Weights & Dimensions
- Small: 16.25"Wx16.25"H framed (8"Wx8"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 3 lbs.
- Medium: 24.25"Wx23.25"H framed (16"Wx15"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 3 lbs.
- Large: 32.25"Wx31.25"H framed (24"Wx23"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 6 lbs.
- Grande: 44.25"Wx42.5"H framed (36"Wx34.25"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 7 lbs.