GET EXCLUSIVE SALES & COUPONS! SIGN UP TODAY!
The Death of the Gravedigger, 1895: Framed Canvas Replica Painting
Memorial wall décor by artist Carlos Schwabe (1866-1926), in a Private Collection
$150.00 – $450.00
In striking contrast to the white blanket of snow, somber Death spreads her powerful wings over even the digger of graves. A German Symbolist painter, Charles Schwabe, inspired by the demise of a close friend the year prior, persuaded his wife to pose as his model for death in this idealistic and very personal work of art. The authentic stretched canvas replica painting captures the original work's texture, depth of color, and even its subtle brushstrokes, which are applied by hand exclusively for Design Toscano. Our replica 4.375" wide, European style, bright gold-toned, ribbed frame is cast in quality designer resin with an acanthus leaf and floret border that draws the eye toward the beautiful image.
- Includes picture wire and hardware for hanging. Follow simple steps in the PDF linked above.
- Please note these instructions are meant for common drywall walls. If other conditions are present, check with your local hardware store for recommendations on hardware and hanging methods.
Weights & Dimensions
- Small: 14.75"Wx17.25"H framed (6.5"Wx9"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 4 lbs.
- Medium: 23.25"Wx29.25"H framed (15"Wx21"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 7 lbs.
- Large: 30.25"Wx39.25"H framed (22"Wx31"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 9 lbs.
- Grande: 37.25"Wx49.25"H framed (29"Wx41"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 11 lbs.