GET EXCLUSIVE SALES & COUPONS! SIGN UP TODAY!
Clyties of the Mist, 1912: Framed Canvas Replica Painting
By artist Herbert James Draper (1863-1920), in a Private Collection
$150.00 – $399.00
Three Clyties, nymphs smitten with the mythological sun god Apollo, spiral upward through mountain mist in this work by a Pre-Raphaelite English painter of The Last Romantics tradition. An enchanted palette bathes Draper's lithe spirits as they turn beautiful faces toward a mesmerizing, beckoning sun. Our authentic stretched canvas replica captures the original painting's texture, depth of color, and even its subtle brushstrokes, which are applied by hand. Our replica 4.375" wide, European style, bright gold-toned, ribbed frame is cast in quality designer resin with an acanthus leaf and floret border that draws the eye toward the beautiful image.
- Includes picture wire and hardware for hanging. Follow simple steps in the PDF linked above.
- Please note these instructions are meant for common drywall walls. If other conditions are present, check with your local hardware store for recommendations on hardware and hanging methods.
About The Artist
Herbert James Draper (1863-1920)
English painter Herbert James Draper painted imaginative subjects and portraits of his contemporaries during the Victorian era.
Draper studied art at London's Royal Academy and took many education trips to France Italy Spain Morocco Belgium and The Netherlands.
Draper first received recognition in art for a wall decoration in 1887 where the prize for first place was 40. After exhibiting at the Royal Academy Draper became a very popular painter in his day.
In the 1890s Draper was a productive painter and he focused on mainly Ancient Greek mythological themes. Draper's homage to mythology The Lament for Icarus won the gold medal at the 1900 Exposition Universelle in Paris.
More works by this artist
Weights & Dimensions
- Small: 16.25"Wx23.25"H framed (8"Wx15"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 5 lbs.
- Medium: 20.25"Wx29.25"H framed (12"Wx21"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 6 lbs.
- Large: 24.25"Wx37.25"H framed (16"Wx29"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 8 lbs.
- Grande: 27.75"Wx43.25"H framed (19.5"Wx35"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 9 lbs.