GET EXCLUSIVE SALES & COUPONS! SIGN UP TODAY!
Cadmus and Harmonia, 1877: Framed Canvas Replica Painting
By artist Evelyn De Morgan (1855-1919), in the Louvre, Paris
$150.00 – $450.00
The visual retelling of a storyline in Ovid's Metamorphosis, Cadmus was turned into a serpent by an angry Zeus, leaving his lover Harmonia to find balance amidst a tragedy of epic proportions. One of the few female Pre-Raphaelite painters, De Morgan's work shows the influence of the great artists of the Renaissance, particularly Botticelli. The authentic stretched canvas replica painting captures the original work's texture, depth of color, and even its subtle brushstrokes, which are applied by hand exclusively for Design Toscano. The imported, delicately carved hardwood frame boasts a delicate leaf motif with fine feathered detailing finished in antique gold tones.
- Includes picture wire and hardware for hanging. Follow simple steps in the PDF linked above.
- Please note these instructions are meant for common drywall walls. If other conditions are present, check with your local hardware store for recommendations on hardware and hanging methods.
Weights & Dimensions
- Small: 13"Wx20.5"H framed (5.5"Wx13"H image size, 4"W frame), 4 lbs.
- Medium: 16.5"Wx28.5"H framed (9"Wx21"H image size, 4"W frame), 6 lbs.
- Large: 20.5"Wx37.5"H framed (13"Wx30"H image size, 4"W frame), 7 lbs.
- Grande: 25"Wx48.5"H framed (17.5"Wx41"H image size, 4"W frame), 9 lbs.