GET EXCLUSIVE SALES & COUPONS! SIGN UP TODAY!
British-Style Foundry Cast Iron Post Box
"The real thing" assures that your address won't get missed!
Expected back in stock: August 25
If run-of-the-mill bores you, accept deliveries only in our dapper English-style solid iron Post Box! This freestanding, 136-pound, icon of the British Isles does any Anglophile proud with its royal crowned top and bright red, foundry cast iron charm. Mail slips in through the hinged slot in front and is secure until removed with included key from the hinged back lock-box. Cast directly from an English antique, it's perfect indoors as home decor or to retrieve letters from your sweetheart!
Unlike the lightweight aluminum models on the market, our hand-painted, antique replica outdoor furniture is crafted from cast iron, which while much stronger, requires seasonal care and maintenance to prevent rust.
- To make furniture last longer, clean surfaces at least twice annually with a sponge, warm water and liquid detergent, using an old toothbrush to scrub hard-to-reach areas. Hose off with clean water, and air dry in the sun.
- If you live somewhere with harsh weather, consider bringing outdoor metal furniture to a sheltered area during freezing winters or stormy, wet seasons. If not possible, invest in breathable fabric covers for use during foul weather.
- Take care when moving furniture, or storing it covered for the season, to prevent metal surfaces from clinking together, possibly causing damage to the paint.
- If rust begins to appear, these items can be repainted using an outdoor-grade paint intended for use on metal surfaces as needed. When absolutely necessary, old layers of paint can be stripped off, down to bare metal, and a new finish can be applied.
With proper care following these simple guidelines, iron furniture will enjoy the longest life possible.
Weights & Dimensions
- 14"Wx12.5"Dx38"H. 136 lbs.
- Front slot: 8.5"Wx1.75"H.
- Back opening: 6.5"Wx11.5"H.