GET EXCLUSIVE SALES & COUPONS! SIGN UP TODAY!
Breezing Up (A Fair Wind), 1876: Framed Canvas Replica Painting
By artist Winslow Homer (1836-1910), in a Private Collection
$150.00 – $450.00
A catboat called Gloucester chops through a Massachusetts harbor in a fair wind in this iconic painting reflecting the optimism of America's future. First exhibited at the National Academy of Design and in Philadelphia's Centennial Exposition, it was described as a true and hearty work. Homer was a preeminent figure in American art, considered one of the foremost painters of the 19th century. The authentic stretched canvas replica painting captures the original work's texture, depth of color, and even its subtle brushstrokes, which are applied by hand exclusively for Design Toscano. Our imported hardwood frame features delicate, floral details on the borders and is highlighted in antiqued gold tones to enhance this spectacular image.
- Includes picture wire and hardware for hanging. Follow simple steps in the PDF linked above.
- Please note these instructions are meant for common drywall walls. If other conditions are present, check with your local hardware store for recommendations on hardware and hanging methods.
About The Artist
Winslow Homer (1836-1910)
American painter whose works particularly those on marine subjects are among the most powerful and expressive of late 19th-century American art. His mastery of sketching and watercolour lends to his oil paintings the invigorating spontaneity of direct observation from nature. His subjects often deceptively simple on the surface dealt in their most serious moments with the theme of man's efforts to establish his humanness in the face of an indifferent universe.
- more info
Weights & Dimensions
- Small: 17.75"Wx14.25"H framed (9.5"Wx6"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 4 lbs.
- Medium: 28.25"Wx20.75"H framed (20"Wx12.5"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 6 lbs.
- Large: 41.25"Wx28.75"H framed (33"Wx20.5"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 9 lbs.
- Grande: 49.25"Wx33.75"H framed (41"Wx25.5"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 10 lbs.