GET EXCLUSIVE SALES & COUPONS! SIGN UP TODAY!
Bernini's Cherubs Glass-Top Sculptural Table
Expected back in stock: January 19
Echoing Bernini's famous Italian-style fountains, our trio of cherubs dances in this artistic synergy of style and function. The 360-degree sculpt, beautiful from any angle, is cast in quality designer resin finished to replicate aged stonework. This Toscano exclusive is displayed beneath a 24" diameter, 1/2 -thick, bevel-edged glass top.
- Simple assembly required. Follow simple steps in the PDF linked above.
- Maximum weight limit for this item is 110 pounds (50 kgs).
Click to Order Replacement Glass
About The Artist
Gian Lorenzo Bernini (1598-1680)
Preeminent Baroque sculptor Gain Lorenzo Bernini lived in 17th century Rome. Bernini's Baroque style was a powerful influence on the architecture of his time. In addition to his sculptures Bernini's works include the colonnades of St. Peters the facade of Barberini's palace and the design for three churches.
The son of Florentine sculptor Bernini was considered a prodigy in his time. Mastering sculpting techniques of marble while still a child many thought that the young Bernini would surpass his father's greatness. Antique Greek and Roman statues in the Vatican inspired early Bernini sculptures.
Bernini's many sculptural masterpieces include The Rape of Proserpina which displays extreme attention to detail; even the woman's marble skin shows dimpling. Apollo and Daphne widely admired since Bernini's day expresses drama and also a conceit: As the character Daphne is being turned into a tree the sculpture antithetically appears to come to life.
Bernini was also an accomplished architect having been commissioned to create the piazza colonnades and high alter of St. Peters Basilica in Rome its centerpiece being the Dove of Peace. Being a fervent Romantic Catholic who attended daily mass Bernini's devotion to Rome shaped his work then and always. Thus Bernini's sculptures were conscious attempts to be emotional stimuli pointing towards piety.
More works by this artist
- Wipe up spills on glass table tops promptly with a damp cloth.
- Dust sculptural table bases regularly with a clean dry lint-free cloth.
- To remove accumulated dust use a soft cloth dampened in a solution of mild detergent and warm water. Dry thoroughly using a clean cloth.
- Avoid placing hand-painted full color finishes in direct sunlight to prevent fading.
Weights & Dimensions
- Table: 24"Wx24"Dx18"H. 40 lbs.
- Glass Tabletop: 24" round, 3/8"-thick