GET EXCLUSIVE SALES & COUPONS! SIGN UP TODAY!
The Barber of Suez, 1876: Framed Canvas Replica Painting
By artist Leon Bonnat (1833-1922), in a Private Collection
$150.00 – $450.00
With a calm and necessary trust, the sitter surrenders to the barber's slender blade in this amazing work of art. Punctuated by contrasts of light, color and texture, the eye skims delightedly from dark muscled shoulders showcased against a light wall to a coarse floor mat that meets a soft, blue gown. French-born artist Bonnat studied in Spain before becoming a winner and later, Grand Officer of the medal of honor in Paris as well as a professor at the Ecole des Beaux Arts. Though Bonnat was known as an artist who stressed simplicity and overall effect rather than detail, this masterful work achieves both. The authentic stretched canvas replica painting captures the original work's texture, depth of color, and even its subtle brushstrokes, which are applied by hand exclusively for Design Toscano. Our imported hardwood frame features delicate, floral details on the borders and is highlighted in antiqued gold tones to enhance this spectacular image.
- Includes picture wire and hardware for hanging. Follow simple steps in the PDF linked above.
- Please note these instructions are meant for common drywall walls. If other conditions are present, check with your local hardware store for recommendations on hardware and hanging methods.
Weights & Dimensions
- Small: 14.75"Wx17.25"H framed (6.5"Wx9"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 4 lbs.
- Medium: 23.25"Wx29.25"H framed (15"Wx21"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 6 lbs.
- Large: 30.25"Wx39.25"H framed (22"Wx31"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 9 lbs.
- Grande: 37.25"Wx49.25"H framed (29"Wx41"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 11 lbs.