GET EXCLUSIVE SALES & COUPONS! SIGN UP TODAY!
The Baleful Head, 1886: Framed Canvas Replica Painting
By artist Edward Burne-Jones (1833-1898), in the Staatsgalerie, Stuttgart, Germany
$150.00 – $450.00
Perseus shows Andromeda the head of the slain Medusa, viewable only by reflection lest the viewer be turned to stone. (Interestingly, Andromeda seems to be gazing at Perseus instead!) From the artist's series based on the epic poem by William Morris, the work typifies the romantic mythological subjects for which Burne-Jones is so beloved. The authentic stretched canvas replica painting captures the original work's texture, depth of color, and even its subtle brushstrokes, which are applied by hand exclusively for Design Toscano. Our replica 4.375" wide, European style, bright gold-toned, ribbed frame is cast in quality designer resin with an acanthus leaf and floret border that draws the eye toward the beautiful image.
- Includes picture wire and hardware for hanging. Follow simple steps in the PDF linked above.
- Please note these instructions are meant for common drywall walls. If other conditions are present, check with your local hardware store for recommendations on hardware and hanging methods.
Weights & Dimensions
- Small: 15.75"Wx17.25"H framed (7.5"Wx9"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 4 lbs.
- Medium: 25.75"Wx29.25"H framed (17.5"Wx21"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 7 lbs.
- Large: 33.25"Wx38.75"H framed (25"Wx30.5"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 9 lbs.
- Grande: 39.75"Wx46.25"H framed (31.5"Wx38"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 11 lbs.