GET EXCLUSIVE SALES & COUPONS! SIGN UP TODAY!
At Low Tide, 1913: Framed Canvas Replica Painting
By artist Edward Poynter (1836-1919), in a Private Collection
$150.00 – $499.00
Originally created as an advertising print for the Pears Soap Company in London, British painter Poynter remained true to his style when delicately depicting this other-worldly creature whoappears to be one with the watery enclave. The authentic stretched canvas replica painting captures the original work's texture, depth ofcolor, and even its subtle brushstrokes, which are applied by hand exclusively for Design Toscano. The imported, delicately carved hardwood frame boasts a delicate leaf motif with fine feathered detailing finished in antique gold tones.
- Includes picture wire and hardware for hanging. Follow simple steps in the PDF linked above.
- Please note these instructions are meant for common drywall walls. If other conditions are present, check with your local hardware store for recommendations on hardware and hanging methods.
About The Artist
Sir Edward John Poynter (1836-1919)
For much of his artistic life Sir Edward Poynter the neo-classical painter lived under the shadow of Lord Leighton and as a result his work was unjustly neglected.
Edward Poynter was born in Paris the son of an architect and after being educated at Westminster and Ipswich Grammar School he went to Rome where he met Leighton. Having decided to take up art as a career as a direct result of meeting Leighton he studied in Paris under Gleyre who had been a penniless artist before he opened an atelier when he rapidly became a famous teacher.
In 1859 Poynter returned to London and for the next few years struggled to make a living from his painting with indifferent results. He desperately needed the RA to take one of his pictures in order to establish his name. Eventually Faithful Until Death was accepted by the RA in 1865. This picture which shows a Roman soldier doggedly remaining at his post during the destruction of Pompeii was a great success and still remains Poynter's most famous work. This was followed by The Catapault and Atlanta's Race. Among his famous paintings are The Fortune Teller and The Meeting between King Solomon and the Queen of Sheba.
SOURCE: ArtMagick "Sir Edware John Poynter"
More works by this artist
Weights & Dimensions
- Small: 15"Wx18.5"H framed (7.5"Wx11"H image size, 4"W frame), 4 lbs.
- Medium: 19.5"Wx24.5"H framed (12"Wx17"H image size, 4"W frame), 6 lbs.
- Large: 23.5"Wx30.5"H framed (16"Wx23"H image size, 4"W frame), 7 lbs.
- Grande: 27.5"Wx36.5"H framed (20"Wx29"H image size, 4"W frame), 8 lbs.
- Estate: 31.5"Wx42.5"H framed (24"Wx35"H image size, 4"W frame), 9 lbs.