GET EXCLUSIVE SALES & COUPONS! SIGN UP TODAY!
Albert Edward, Prince of Wales, 1846: Framed Canvas Replica Painting
By artist Franz Xaver Winterhalter (1805-1873), Royal Collection Trust Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
$199.00 – $699.00
The young Albert Edward, who would in 1901 become King of the United Kingdom, proudly wears a new sailor suit ordered by his mother, Queen Victoria, in this unabashedly sentimental portrait of a much-loved, firstborn child. Edward ushered in a new century with vast changes including steam turbine propulsion and the rise of socialism. German painter Winterhalter, known for his fashionable Victorian court portraits, painted at least 120 works for the royal family, a large number still on display at Buckingham Palace and other royal residences. The authentic stretched canvas replica painting captures the original work's texture, depth of color, and even its subtle brushstrokes, which are applied by hand exclusively for Design Toscano. Our imported hardwood frame features delicate, floral details on the borders and is highlighted in antiqued gold tones to enhance the spectacular image.
- Includes picture wire and hardware for hanging. Follow simple steps in the PDF linked above.
- Please note these instructions are meant for common drywall walls. If other conditions are present, check with your local hardware store for recommendations on hardware and hanging methods.
Weights & Dimensions
- Small: 16.25"Wx20"H framed (8"Wx11.75"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 3 lbs.
- Medium: 24.25"Wx31.75"H framed (16"Wx23.5"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 4 lbs.
- Large: 34.25"Wx46.25"H framed (26"Wx38"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 5 lbs.
- Grande: 40.25"Wx54.75"H framed (32"Wx46.5"H image size, 4.375"W frame), 7 lbs.