GET EXCLUSIVE SALES & COUPONS! SIGN UP TODAY!
19th Century Chippendale Mahogany Partners Writing Desk
Hand-carved mahogany antique replica office furniture
What luxury! Based on the airy expansiveness of traditional library tables, this writing desk created for senior partners brings a rich legacy in the tradition of cabinet-maker Thomas Chippendale. Over five feet of hand-carved mahogany stretches out as an instantly impressive showpiece of 19th century antique replica furniture art. Beneath the exquisitely detailed gadroon edge detail, sit five imminently useful drawers with brass handles on one side, and decorative non-opening drawer fronts on the other. These are supported by the swooning curves of bellflower-embellished cabriole legs that terminate atop ball and claw feet. Rounded kneehole areas on both sides allow for two people to sit comfortably at this Partner's desk. Traditionally crafted, our Design Toscano exclusive is hand finished with an age-old staining technique of layering, glazing, and distressing that further beautifies this fine English furniture replica. Hand carved of solid mahogany, our work of furniture art is a family heirloom to be passed down through generations.
- Maximum weight limit for this item is 440 pounds (200 kgs).
About The Artist
Thomas Chippendale (1718-1779)
Thomas Chippendale was a world famous cabinet maker working in the mid-Georgian English Rococo and Neoclassical styles. His designs published in a 1754 trade catalog were so influential in Britain Europe and America that the name Chippendale became synonymous with any furniture design similar to his Director style.
- Proper care and maintenance will keep your wooden furniture beautiful for years to come.
- Follow simple guidelines in the PDF linked above.
Weights & Dimensions
- 64″Wx33.5″Dx30.5″H. 120 lbs.
- Kneehole Area (both sides): 25"Wx15"Dx24.75"H.
- Leg Height: 20.25"H.
- Five functional drawers on one side, non-opening drawer fronts on other side.
- Side Drawers: 14.5"Wx3"Dx14.5"H.
- Middle Drawer: 26.75"Wx3"Dx14.5"H.